Be sure to check out our Frequently Asked Questions page for more admissions information, including about scholarships and financial aid!
Listen to a previously recorded Informational Webinar, hosted by the Department Chair, admissions director, and a program alumnus.
- B.S./M.S. (Accelerated five-year program for Georgetown undergraduates -- Global Health and Biology of Global Health majors only)
January 15, 2019 (priority)
June 1, 2019 (final)
Admission requirements include:
- GRE scores are not required!
- Baccalaureate degree
- Online application form, including the following electronically submitted components:
- A résumé or CV
- A statement of purpose (not to exceed 500 words)
- Three letters of recommendation, academic or professional
- Official transcripts from all institutions of higher education attended must be mailed or emailed directly to the following address:
Office of Graduate Admissions
3520 Prospect St, N.W. (Car Barn 207)
Box 571004 (Attn: Global Health)
Washington, DC 20057-1004
- Video interview
A Kira Talent video interview submission is required. You may post this interview online at anytime prior to the application deadline. Please go to: https://app.kiratalent.com/applicant/gnMDEa/instructions/
- Experience living, studying, and/or working abroad is strongly recommended.
Additional application requirements for graduates of foreign institutions of higher education are:
- All transcripts from institutions outside of the U.S. must be translated into U.S. equivalencies through a course-by-course transcript evaluation by World Education Services (WES). An official course-by-course evaluation from WES must be submitted by the application deadline.
- The Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) exam is required of all applicants who do not have an undergraduate or graduate degree from a college or university where English is the primary language of instruction. No other exam or certificate may be substituted for either the TOEFL or IELTS. Applicants must take the test no later than December to ensure that results will reach the Graduate School by the application deadline. Exams taken after the application deadline are not eligible for Fall admissions consideration for that year. Both the TOEFL and the IELTS exams are given regularly throughout the world.
The minimum TOEFL score for admissions consideration is 600 (paper test) or 100 (iBT test). For additional information about the TOEFL write or visit:
P.O. Box 6151
Princeton, NJ 08541-6151
The minimum IELTS score for admissions consideration is 7.0 score. For additional information about the IELTS write or visit:
British Council - IELTS Enquiries
58 Whitworth Street
Manchester M1 6BB
M.S. in Global Health
St. Mary's Hall, 2nd Floor
3700 Reservoir Road, N.W.
Washington, DC 20057-1107